https://www.instagram.com/p/BH83qp4DjYQ/
Johnny Manziel’s pledge to stay sober is only temporary.
The former Browns quarterback declined an interview with the Washington Post for a lengthy report on his life spiral, but had his spokeswoman issued an email statement to the paper.
“I’m actually doing well. I have good friends around me supporting what I do and I try to support them in what they want to do,” Manziel said. “I’m not saying I’m never drinking again, but for now just mostly being healthy. I’ve got a killer gym in my house and I can spend time working out. I’m interested in doing a lot of different things in my life — including football — but, right now, I’m just exploring options and waiting to see what the future holds.”
After jetting off to Mexico with friends for one final fiesta, the hard-partying 23-year-old committed to staying clean starting on July 1. Manziel has been documenting his dedication to getting fit, while remaining a prominent fixture on the nightclub circuit.
“We partied with him at 1Oak, and he’s a sweet, respectable guy and he’s not what everyone thinks. He was totally sober,” a source told Terez Owens earlier this month. Rafael Valdez, Manziel’s friend and tattoo artist, told the Washington Post that Manziel so far has stuck to his sobriety goal.
A rather composed Manziel made an appearance at a wedding in Hawaii over the weekend. He paired a black suit with matching loafers, and his camoflauge button-up did little to distract from the mangled mane atop of his head.
Manziel was given a four-game suspension last month for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy. He could face an additional suspension from his domestic violence case, in which he is accused of striking then-girlfriend Colleen Crowley.